Strengthen your discipleship and your spiritual journey along with others at Messiah. Becoming stronger disciples of Jesus through worship, study, prayer, service and fellowship is our priority. Check our calendar for dates and details.
Discipleship /Educational opportunities
Adult Sunday School
- This class offers are rotating schedule of subjects, and Biblical texts. Materials include DVR presentations, special speakers, and almost always lively discussion.
Tapestry for Young Families
- This multi-generational learning experience / sunday school weaves the message of Jesus and His Word, through the fabric of congregation and families. Families meet together with their young children to explore the Bible in a relaxed, organic atmosphere.
- Weekly discussion of today’s topics weaved through a Christian perspective.
- Confirmation study
Women’s Bible Study
- Series / studies use reading and video materials from teachers such as Beth Moore
- This group meets each Monday at 9:30 at church
- Members and non-members are welcome to join in.
Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study
- Wednesday’s at 8:00, now meeting at the Church, 1 West Ridge, Skidaway Island, Savannah, GA 31411.
Messiah Reads Book Group
- Good reads for good discussions, with a spiritual component
- Dates are variable.
- Pastor Jason Talsness shares in the discussion
Spiritual Memoir Writing
- Uncover the many ways God has been present in your life, through a guided class in memoir writing. Using guides, you will develop and write short vignettes of your life and God’s impact on it.
- These classes are held periodically throughout the year. Speak to Pastor Jason if you have an interest.
- Learn new ways to share your faith in a loving, organic way. This interactive study follows the story of how people, in everyday life, can open the door to God’s love to others. If you’ve been a bit queasy about sharing, this group is for you. This evening group meets once per month, for 4 months for a light dinner in the home of a volunteer members.